Fully describe the business's activities?
The business is run 100% online offering both physical and digital weight loss products and services in South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe. Physical products are supplied, stock, packaged and fulfilled by a single supplier based in Centurion (PTA), which means there is no hassle of ordering or handling any physical stock within the business. Once orders are received via the website, a digital purchase order is made daily directly with the supplier and delivery to the client takes 1-3 working days within RSA. International orders are quoted and sent separately. Upon placing an order on the Shopify website, clients are given access to digital fat loss products, login details to programs, resources, and automatically added to the email marketing flow. Clients are also provided with one-on-one support and motivation via the Facebook support group and WhatsApp chat throughout their weight loss journey. Service providers attend to responsibilities such as managing online marketing and content creation and require weekly oversight. Monthly and quarterly strategic campaign and promotion planning is attended to. The business activities include but not limited to: - Operations: Processing website orders to supplier who overseas and follows-through of getting goods delivered to consumers. - Sales and Marketing: selling goods and services and appealing to the consumer to purchase the goods and services via multiple online channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Google and Email. - General Administration: sending emails, data collection. - Customer Service: assisting customers with ordering and replacing items or answering questions about goods and services. Offering one on one support and motivation to customers. - Accounting: keeping track of company transactions, profits, and expenses
How long has the business been established?
Started in 2014 and legal entity registered in 2017
How long has the owner had the business?
How does the business operate on a daily basis?
- Orders are processed through the Shopify online store, and any physical items are ordered via the supplier who then courier's packages directly to the client. - Provide access to any digital products - Respond to queries on Facebook group, Facebook page, Instagram, emails, website, and WhatsApp. - Provide customer support via social media channels, email, and WhatsApp. - Weekly check in on paid for ads performance - Process and send courier tracking numbers - Social media content is prescheduled and automatically posted
How are the clients attracted to the business?
- Facebook Group - Group contains over 70 000 members. Live Testimonials / Giveaways / promotions - Facebook Page - Page has over 13 000 followers and 170 reviews (5 Star). - Instagram - Over 5900+ followers. - Facebook & Google paid adverts - Google search / SEO - Word of mouth / Testimonials
What Advertising/Marketing is carried out?
- Facebook Groups (organic traffic) - Facebook Advertising - Google Advertising - Email Marketing 20 000+ subscribers - Instagram marketing strategy - Micro influencers - Word of mouth / Testimonials
Does the business have any contract work?
What competition exists?
There are many diverse types of weight loss businesses in South Africa: - Nutrition coaches - Dietitians - Weight loss centers - Nutrition influencers - Group coaching programs Names of competitors: - JEFF Fitness global - Lean Girl - Jenna Carmen - Slender Wonder - Herbal Life - Uleen Fourie
What are the seasonal trends?
- New year (Jan): Women want to lose weight and get in shape - After Easter holidays (April): Women feel guilty from overindulging into the holidays and looks to lose weight - Winter (June): Women start a weight loss journey in preparation for summer - Spring (Sep): Women want fast results to get beach body ready - November (Black Friday): Women stock up on supplements for the new year.
How did the Covid-19 pandemic impact the business turnover / daily operations?
Because this is an online business, there wasn't much of an impact during the daily operations and they could continue business as usual. Business is also able to continue shipping physical products as the health and wellness supplements fall into essential items. There was a slight increase in sales months after COVID hit as many people had gained weight during lock down and were looking to lose weight and improve their overall health and wellness.
What steps / actions have been taken to combat the effect of Covid-19 pandemic?
Due to the surge of interest in online businesses after COVID-19, here was an increase in competition with many small players joining the market. To ensure they maintained the online presence, they introduced new weight loss programs, products, added value resources as well as a brand refresh. They also ensured their prices stayed competitive and continued to offer incredible customer service with speedy shipping services.
Is the business VAT Registered?
What VAT documentation is on file?
Tax clearance certificate; the up-to-date VAT returns as well as the VAT registration certificate.
Are there up-to-date Management Accounts available?
What percentage of the business is cash/credit?
What is the age analysis of the debtors book?
No money is owed to the business, and we do not supply credit.
How could the profitability of the business be improved?
- Eliminate nonessential expenses - Increase product / program pricing - Bring in new fat loss product and programs - Upsell to current customers - Offer online weight loss education workshops / events - Offer an affiliate program to customers (referral / word of mouth) - Get agents in other countries to sell and supply - Go international - Sell and supply beauty salons / Dr offices / chemists nationwide - In store purchase - Offer high ticket one on one / group coaching services - Bring in weight loss coaches who sell under the brand (Franchise) - Expand market to men, teen, and pregnancy nutrition programs (business has a concept and program for Men) - Expand market to branded foods, readymade meals, and supplements - Expand market to exercise programs, gear, and events - Expand market to life coaching and accountability - Increase Facebook / Google ad spend - Onboard a brand ambassador/ personality/ celebrity / influencer
Is Seller finance available and for what amount?
What is the total staff complement?
Give a breakdown of staff/ functions/ length of service?
Run by Owner for last 8 years Roles and responsibilities include: - Strategic planning - Branding and design - Financials (budgets) - Web design and maintenance - Daily operations (process orders, general admin etc) - Customer service (coaching and enquiries) - Social media management - Program development and maintenance - Oversea service providers
How involved is the Owner in running the business?
When does the current lease end?
This is a Work From Home business and doesn't lease a premises
What are the main assets of the business?
HP Laptop Cannon Camera
Are any items not included in the sale?
Above assets are excluded and should be purchased by the buyer
- Low running costs - Flexible working environment - Fantastic reputation - 8 years of social proof via testimonials, before and afters, reviews etc - Program and products that work - Competitive pricing - Speedy service (deliver within 1-3 days) - Quality products that work - Added product value such as resources, coaching, recipes etc - Large audience on social media platforms - Unique and modern branding - Loyal customer base
- No team within the business - Business has outgrown owners' capabilities - Insufficient advertising - Modest advertising budget - Lacks long term vision
- Onboard a brand ambassador / Influencer / Celebrity - Work with micro / macro influencers - Service expansion, such as group / one-on-one coaching, weight loss app: offering access to recipes, accountability, community, shop - Market expansion - Fitness, health, and wellness - Product expansion - workout gear, readymade meals, branded food items etc - Gain attention by offering value such as free workouts, cook with me challenges, coaching sessions etc - Bring brand into beauty salons and Dr offices (offline) - Leverage off affiliate/ referral marketing - Offer an online monthly membership for recurring income
- Increased competition online - Increasing cost of online advertising - Increasing cost of products/ transport - Shift in customer spending habits - Uncertain economic environment
What is the reason for the sale?
Owner is selling the business due to lifestyle changes. They would like to spend more time with my children and won't be able to grow and scale the business
Why is this a good business?
The weight loss industry is growing! The global market for weight loss products and services should grow from $254.9 billion in 2021 to reach $377.3 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The global weight loss products and services market has grown exponentially in the last few years and this growth is expected to continue. Changing consumer preferences, increasing health concerns and a growing trend among customers to purchase products with natural ingredients are driving global market demand for weight loss products and services. This business offers effective fat loss programs and all natural supplements that provide incredible, lasting results at competitive prices. Over the years, the business has collected hundreds of testimonials from loyal customers along with, weight loss before and after pictures and positive 5-star reviews. The programs, products as well as world class customer service makes them the number one choice for women looking to lose weight. The customers have practically done the marketing for them as their results speak for themselves. Word of mouth has been our strongest asset. Despite servicing South Africa, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, this business allows one to work anywhere in the world and is exceptionally appealing due to the freedom this offers. An online business will often allow you to eliminate some of the huge costs associated with an offline business. Not only can you eliminate things such as pricey office or retail space and long-term lease commitments, but you can also eliminate having to tie up your money in stocking inventory. A huge benefit to this business is the strong and long-standing relationship with the product supplier who handles all the physical stock and coordination. This means the business is not responsible for large financial layouts in terms of stock, warehouse fees, staff, coordination etc. The supplier handles the physical stock as well as the transportation and returns of customer orders within South Africa. This business offers a plug and play solution as it comes with an already established audience via social media and email marketing platforms. This business also has the potential to scale and expand into other markets as it is not defined or limited to space or location and can market to a worldwide audience. This business can tap into broader industries such as health and fitness. This is a perfect business for someone who is passionate about health and wellness and wants to make a positive difference in people's lives while creating a custom work environment and limitless earning potential.
Discover similar, inspiring businesses for sale
Annual Turnover Amount between R 500 thousand and R 6 million